Good Morning All :o)
It is now December 27th and the semi-business of the holiday season begins again. Only semi-busy though as we're traveling to visit Grandparents and good friends and then home Tuesday to sub-freezing temperatures; which is really hard to believe since it's actually raining at the moment - go figure.
The family had a WONDERFUL Christmas! Christmas Eve service was absolutely sweet. The kids of the church walked Baby Jesus down to the manager and put him in his place. Then they all sang away in the manger. Both kids did great during the candle part of the service! I only got hot waxed dripped on my hand 3 times!!! (LOL) :o)
Christmas morning Duncan woke up at 5am - thankfully he's my "easy" one and I sent him back to bed. But as usual, up at 6am! It was so great to watch their faces when they came down the stairs and saw the tree. It was wonderful having the family around to celebrate! And I can tell you - it really is all about the kids! They had a blast and got so many wonderful things! Even the cat and dog got a little something from Santa :o) Chef Hubby did a wonderful Turkey and I got spoiled ~ the "Moms" did clean-up for me!
As fun as Christmas was, I almost think my most favorite day was yesterday, the day after Christmas. It was just the 4 of us, spending a quiet day. Daddy geeked out for the day at the kitchen table. I did a little cleaning/straightening and got the house to a place that doesn't stress me out, but wasn't stressed over the cleaning/straightening. Put some clothes away and made my Turkey Pot Pies. The kids played with their Christmas presents and played well together. We watched the new movies they got for Christmas, Duncan "dug" for dino bones, & Megs played with her dolls. Little Duncan and I spent some time reading one of his books Santa brought - Dragonbreath! (too funny); and Megs and Daddy geeked out playing Webkinz and Princesses on the computer!
It was just a wonderful, low key, family day!! One of those days you wish would just continually repeat but know it's just one of those special gifts from God that you need to cherish in your memory. Not that special, wonderful, low key, family days won't happen again... it's just when they do... Thank you Jesus and cherish the day!
Have a wonderful week my friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a wonderful day!
ReplyDelete