Thursday, January 28, 2010

Some thoughts, struggles, ideas

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for not posting anything in quite a while. Just been feeling like that I haven't had too much of any importance to say but then hey, this blog is just about "me" ; so here I am (LOL) :o)

Since Christmas life has gotten busy and I am currently doing a study on Margin through Lifechurch.tv. Excellent by the way and I would encourage everyone to check this on-line church out! So what, may you ask is Margin. Well you're going to get the rough version from yours truly.

Margin is what's left. What's left of your time, your money, etc. that you can invest into other things... This past week talked about one's schedule. This whole series has been hitting me very hard. I get stressed about the house and then feel guilty because my time with the kids is interrupted by housework or something else. And I never seem to have the "time" to do the things I want to do (scrapbook, learn to sew). And then add that the prospect of me going back to work next year... how will I have time for anything!!! BUT, and here's the big BUT ~ what do I allow to take up my time, to not have the margin that I want to have. Where am I spreading myself to thin; what am I saying yes to that I really should be saying no too.

I believe I have an addictive personality. I lock onto something and I become quite "obsessed"... like having a cup of chocolate milk before bed every night...been doing that forever; and constantly checking my computer ...oh, and that's another thing... lack of margin doesn't necessarily mean that it's something bad taking you away from the "important" things, usually it's stuff that's not bad but maybe just not that good.... Hope that makes sense.

So what do I do about it; how do I add margin back into my life. It's going to take prayer, that's for sure and I'll have to do a better job at saying no. Like anything else in life, it's one step at a time, one situation at a time and I will fail; no doubt about it... but anything worth having is worth working for....

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment