Wednesday, December 23, 2009

James 2:18-19

Good Morning All!

Well, up at 5am today since the mutt had to do a quick emergency potty run. Not necessarily a bad thing, I'm up before anyone else, get in a little quiet time, have my coffee in peace. The only problem ~ my brain isn't quite up to speed with my body yet this morning :o) Well, it's up and thinking of all that I have to do today. Would love it, if it would focus on my reading and prayer ... this whole, taking control of ones thoughts is sometimes very difficult :o(

(Oh, that, and the dog came inside and then proceeded to eat an ornament off the tree!!!! Then, proceeded to throw that ornament up - so he's outside again for a bit (his choice) and then we'll see what's up. Wish he would lay off the ornaments, the lower third of my tree is going to be bare and it can't be that good for his tummy!)

Well, back to James today. I'm up to Chapter 4 in James. I like this book so much, just a very easy author to read and there is so much in there, that God is using to speak to me about. But I'm going to go back and share a vs. from Chapter 2 with you which just continues to WOW! me.

vs.18-19..."Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that - and shudder."

These versus to me are very cool - they say say so much to me in just a few words.

- We are not saved by works (just want to get this out of the way (LOL)); it is by God's grace and His grace alone that we are saved.

- How do people see God in you? How do they know you are "different"? It is by what you do. I should be striving to be more like Jesus and He was compassionate (and showed it); He was not afraid to "get dirty" in helping out people; He went to people that most other religious leaders wouldn't go near!; and He was passionate about the Father (and this is not even scratching the surface!)....

- I love vs. 19 which says - ok great you believe in one God - good for you!!! The demons do too!! Oh, and shudder!! I read that one of Satan's most successful tactics to lead people away from Jesus is to convince the world that he doesn't exist. I believe it's true. I think it takes away some of God's blessings from our lives to think that ~ God is a mighty warrior, ready to come and help us; but if we forget Ephesians 6:12 We are not fighting against humans. We are fighting against forces and authorities and against rulers of darkness and powers in the spiritual world. How can we even ask for His help! We won't recognize the attack!!

So those are my thoughts about James 2:18-19. Thoughts anyone????

Well, side note - If I don't post again for a while:

Praying you all will have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :o) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope and pray that people see the difference in me based on what I "do" rather than what I "don't do". You're doing a great job with the blog! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it great though - the deamons and satan all believe in the true God... BUT THEY SHUDDER - I love that statement...

    I pray for those that have been listening to satan's lies that there isn't 1 true God... "as long as you are a good person" or "there's more then one way" junk...

    we have to figure out how to listen to God's word and be more like Jesus... doing the "do's" rather then loosing focus...

    I pray that we each find our focus in Him today and allow Him to teach us to be loving and respectful... then from there show peoole what an awesome God we serve

    ReplyDelete