Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Howdy

Good Morning All!

Well, the wind is howling outside this morning and it just hit 6am on the clock. This means that I only have a few minutes before my daughter (my little alarm clock) goes off (gets up) :o)

Currently I'm reading the book of James and thought I would share a few things that have just stood out to me.

James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

The Lord is good and I know all things are to work toward us growing in the Lord but sometimes the growing through trials can really take it's toll. We're going through, what feels to me a huge trial - me as a person and us as a couple. I feel like I'm stretching more than I knew I could, and ever wanted to! Why God couldn't just "wave his hand" and fix everything.... I know it doesn't work that way but it would be nice sometimes ;o)

Through this trial too, I feel like the person who I have always been is starting to change. It's not necessarily a bad change but it's new, it's change (and how fun is that)... things (literally and not) that I thought were extremely important, I'm beginning to see in a new light, pray-fully with God's eyes. I'm also beginning to see God's provision like I've never seen before and to be honest - it's scary working without a net; and going on Faith and Hope.

We are making the changes we need to; we are communicating; I am nervous at times. But as in the immortal words of the Veggie Tales: God's Bigger than the Boogie Man!!!

Well, my alarm clock is heading down the stairs! Have a blessed morning all!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle- Your words today are refreshing and true. Praying you will enjoy your journey into the unknown, may every step bring excitement and joy as you take hold of His hand and follow. Amazing grace, how sweet!Blessings in Christ.

    ReplyDelete