Sometimes this parenting thing is SO HARD!!! I have wonderful children, sensitive, kind (I know, I know, I'm their Mom) :o) But they are good kids and I wish I could just put them in a bubble and save them from the hurt and pain that they are bound to encounter in a world filled with "other" people.
My son was telling me about his day. He's been playing with one friend in particular and he likes him a lot. But he would like to play with his other friends too. The other friends went off and didn't invite him & this other friend. So now, my boy is afraid that they won't let them play, and then afraid that if he goes and plays he will hurt his other friend and he doesn't want to hurt his feelings.... Oh what I would give to fix this for my boy. To make the other boys and girls invite him in before he has to ask and risk being turned down.
I did what I could do ~ sent up a quick prayer and told him to talk to his friend; see if he would like to ask the other kids if they could play with them. Prayed with him, hugged him ... now all I can do is wait. Wait and pray and feel helpless for my little man... who is already showing himself to be a good friend....
Sometimes this Mom thing is really hard.....
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment